The Excellent Eight Goals also teach us about British Values; here are the British Values that we promote at Cheam Fields:
Tolerance of those of different Faiths and Beliefs
- We enjoy visiting and learning about places of worship from different faiths.
- We use opportunities such as the Olympics and the World Cup to learn about different cultures.
- Member of different faiths are welcome in our school and are encouraged to share their knowledge with us.
- We understand that it doesn’t matter what religion you are, the colour of your skin, whether you are a girl or boy or how many members are in your family. WE ALL AGREE – that it shouldn’t matter and we celebrate our differences and similarities.
- We promote diversity through celebrations of different faiths and cultures.
- We have the freedom to make choices about joining extra-curricular clubs
- We promote self- knowledge, self -esteem and self- confidence.
- We are responsible for our own behaviour
- We know that everyone has rights and responsibilities
- We know that we need to work within boundaries to make safe choices.
- We are an anti-bullying school.
- We treat other people with respect
- We know that our behaviour affects our rights and the rights of others
- We make all visitors feel very welcome in our school.
- We work together to help one another.
- We help develop school policies including those on behaviour and the aims of our school
- We help to decide which charities we would like to raise money for.
- We vote for who represents us on the School Council.
- We have a say in what happens in our school.
The Rule of Law
- We help develop fair rules for our class and school
- We understand how laws are made in Parliament
- We understand the consequences of breaking laws and rules.
- We understand the importance of having laws and know that they protect us and influence our behaviour.
British Values in action at Cheam Fields