Why do we have a School Uniform Policy?
- We believe that school uniform helps to promote a feeling of belonging.
- We want children to take pride in their appearance.
- To provide clear guidance on the school uniform requirements.
- To provide clear guidelines on what the children can and cannot wear in terms of jewellery.
- To provide clear guidelines on children’s appearance.
What is the School Uniform?
- School uniform long or short grey trousers. Trousers must be tailored and full length, no other style is permitted. Shorts must be uniform shorts and not PE or casual style.
- Maroon sweatshirt or sweatshirt cardigan, with or without school logo.
- White polo shirt, with or without school logo.
- Maroon pleated skirt or pinafore dress.
- White, grey, maroon or black socks or tights – grey socks for boys. Please note: Sports or trainer socks are not permitted.
- Black school shoes or plain trainer style shoes. Please note: Children are not permitted to wear mules, sling backs, peep toes or high heeled fashion shoes.
- From the start of the Summer Term red and white checked dresses and red checked playsuits may be worn.
- White socks. Please note: Sports or trainer socks are not permitted.
- White crew neck tee shirt – plain or with school logo.
- Plain black shorts.
- Trainers or plimsolls – these are not for general school wear.
- Plain black Jogging bottoms only are allowed
- PE Kit must be in school every day.
- Earrings must be removed for all PE lessons.
Please note PE kits should not be branded with any logos except the Cheam Fields Logo.
- Girls – all in one swimsuit.
- Boys – close fitting trunks; please note long and baggy fashion swimming trunks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Swimming hat.
- Swimming kit must be brought to school in a small bag (i.e. draw string) on the morning of the swimming lesson and taken home at the end of the day.
- Earrings must be removed for swimming lessons.
Jewellery and Make Up
- Children may if they wish come to school wearing small stud earring; please note no more that a single pair. No other jewellery is permitted.
- Children are not permitted to wear nail varnish, make-up or any type of tattoos (including the stick on variety) to school.
- Hair styles must be simple and straightforward; Extreme hair styles are not permitted.
- Long hair must be tied back for reasons of hygiene, safety and to enable children to learn and play without distraction.
- If you have any difficulty in complying with the school Uniform Policy on financial, medical or ethical grounds, please make an appointment to speak with the Headteacher.
Where can I buy School uniform?
- Our school uniform is designed to be simple and cheap to buy.
- Our school uniform suppliers are Schoolwear Inc. and KoolSkools
- Many items of uniform are available from a variety of stores.
- Make sure every item of school uniform and clothing bought to school is named.
- A good way to name uniform, particularly if you don’t like sewing, is to order name tags from Attach A Tag (No sewing or ironing required!) Cheam Fields receives 10% commission on orders. If you would like to order please click on the link to visit their website.
The school cannot accept any responsibility for any lost items.
Second Hand Uniform
As well as the providers listed above, second hand uniform is also available to purchase from the school directly. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss second hand uniform. The Friends of the school also sell second hand uniform at organised fairs e.g., Summer fair.
Prices and delivery vary with each supplier so please choose the supplier you feel offers the best option for you. If you do not have access to the internet, please enquire at the school office for alternative ways to order. Schoolwear Inc. also sell uniform from their shop on Cheam Common Road, KT4 please refer to their website for opening hours.