Our Vision for PE, Sport and Physical Activities
Our vision for school PE, Sport and physical activities is to ensure that we promote and support the importance of a healthy lifestyle and place particular emphasis on the wellbeing of our pupils and how this impacts positively on all aspects of school life.
All our work will be aimed at increasing attainment, participation, improving confidence and skills and encouraging a life-long love of sport and physical activities together with an understanding of the health benefits that participation offers.
The Sports Grant is additional government funding paid to schools to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested. Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs